Help!

General chit chat regarding the GameSave Manager project, announcements and general feedback.
vincitygialam

Help!

Post by vincitygialam »

I read this message so I know the forum was reset. So the post that I needed is gone and there is almost no posts right now. So, I will ask here. I have GSM installed and I want to update to the currently available version from your site. I want to uninstall the version I have already but there seems to be no uninstall and it therefore isn't in my list of programs to remove either. How can I fully (registry, associations, etc.) uninstall GSM so I can use the newer version?
tks,
Quda
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: Help!

Post by InsaneMatt »

Uninstalling GameSave Manager v3.x can be done as follows:
  1. Delete the configuration directory AppData\Roaming\GameSave Manager 3 (alternatively the folder settings within the directory gs_mngr_3.exe is found within)
  2. Delete the directory you run gs_mngr_3.exe from
  3. Within Task Scheduler, delete any tasks that start with GSM_
  4. File associations can be removed by deleting the following registry keys:
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.gsba
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.gsdu
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.gsms
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\GSM_gsba
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\GSM_gsdu
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\GSM_gsms
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\gsba_restore
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\gsba_validate
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\gsdu_forceupdate