Microsoft Flight Simulator causes freeze of scan

Place to manually submit your Custom Gamesave Entries for Official Entry status.
Alternatively, submit them within GameSave Manager directly (just tick the "Yes, I'd like to share this entry" option at the end of the wizard).
judahpeter

Microsoft Flight Simulator causes freeze of scan

Post by judahpeter »

I've been trying to get the latest game scans but every time I do, "Microsoft Flight Simulator? (2020) files are causing the scan to freeze and lock-up the program. The problem location is C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator/ folder.

I have tried deleting the in question file and it finds another to freeze on. This goes on and on. I even went as far as to delete most of the files and then it doesn't show up in the list of games.

I even made a batch file to gs_mngr_3.exe /ignore ?Microsoft Flight Simulator? and that didn't work.

I also tried to ignore the title inside of gs_mngr by the program features option, but the game isn't there to tell gs_mngr to ignore it.

I really am out of ideas and if someone could let me know what else to try, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator causes freeze of scan

Post by InsaneMatt »

Your commandline is a little off.
Try the following:

Code: Select all

gs_mngr_3.exe "/ignore Microsoft Flight Simulator"
The quotations should include the command switch too!
judahpeter

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator causes freeze of scan

Post by judahpeter »

Thank you. It worked