Only update saves that have changed

General chit chat regarding the GameSave Manager project, announcements and general feedback.
eskay993

Only update saves that have changed

Post by eskay993 »

Hi

Apologies if this has been covered, but I couldn't find any info on it.

Recently I've noticed when GSM scans my saves, it updated every file in my archive. The timetsamp in the file as well as the file's last modified flag. This means when I sync to Google Drive, every game is re-uploaded every time, rather than just games that have had recent changes.

Is there a way to set GMS to only update archives if the game save files have changed? I remember using GSM a few years ago, and I don't remember this issue.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: Only update saves that have changed

Post by InsaneMatt »

That behaviour is enabled when the following Program Settings are configured:
  • Task Specific -> Backup Settings -> Create a separate archive for each entry being backed up is ticked
  • Task Specific -> Backup Settings -> Create bew archive upon file change (affects performance) is selected
eskay993

Post by eskay993 »

Apologies for the late reply! Forgot I posted here :)

Thanks InsaneMatt. I did indeed have those options selected.

Unselecting "Create a separate archive" seems to work, but then you get one single archive with all saves within it. This means if there are any changes, I would have to re-upload the whole file.

Is there a way to keep separate archives but only update archives that have game save changes? I tried the other option under "Create a separate archive", which is "Add timestamp to each archive's filename" and I get the same behaviour.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

The following should be set:

Check your task logs to see why GameSave Manager is recreating the archive(s).
eskay993

Post by eskay993 »

Got it working now thanks! Apologies, I misunderstood your original reply. I had those settings originally and it was re-archiving everything. Not sure why.

So I decided to start from scratch. I delete the old task, created a new task, and created a fresh archive set and all is working fine now.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers