Not all games scanned anymore

General chit chat regarding the GameSave Manager project, announcements and general feedback.
RWBCos

Not all games scanned anymore

Post by RWBCos »

Firstly, love the program, saved me starting from scratch after a corrupt game save or 2. However, suddenly not all games are being recognised. First time i installed the program recently, all games on all drives were listed, now hardly any are listed, even the ones on my C: drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: Not all games scanned anymore

Post by InsaneMatt »

Are you performing a full system scan?
Full system scans can take several minutes to complete, depending on your system's performance and what's detected. GameSave Manager can be configured to only scan for saves that were detected in the last full scan.

You can initialise a full system scan by clicking said button on the 'Make a Backup' page.
RWBCos

Post by RWBCos »

Thanks for the reply, the only scan button i can see is the one at the top right next to the backup and delete buttons.
Ps, i tried to access the manual but it was flagged as a 404 site not found
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

Try downloading the database manually and replacing it (the games.db file found in the bin sub-folder).
You can download the database using this link.
RWBCos

Post by RWBCos »

Thanks again for the feedback, not much different. Most games were problematic, luckily i had backups before the issue. Do you have a working link to the used manual? Thanks.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean by "used manual".
The link previously provided is the link to manually download the Database Update, which means you'll also need to manually "apply" it too.
Doofustoe

Post by Doofustoe »

I think he means "user manual" not used manual, I have the same issue the link to the user manual shows 404 site not found.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

Ah, you're referring to the 'Help' section of the website?
We "lost" that a couple years ago when the website got breached. I've not bothered re-creating that as there are countless videos on YouTube that appear to cover the articles there.