what is this configuration for

General chit chat regarding the GameSave Manager project, announcements and general feedback.
gui_stranger

what is this configuration for

Post by gui_stranger »

I would like to know what changes these settings, the location of this setting is program settings/task specific/backup settings, in separate archives what changes if I select add a time-stamp to each archive's file-name or create new archive upon file change (performance affects) why I would like to keep in backup five versions of the same save and only delete the older versions, and what changes if I select organize each entry's backup archives into sub folders thanks, translation by google translator
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: what is this configuration for

Post by InsaneMatt »

Firstly, I apologize for not responding sooner.

With regards to what does what...
  • Create a separate archive for each entry being backed up - This option creates a gsba (GameSave Backup Archive) for each individual record being processed (for example, Battlefield 4.gsba, Dying Light.gsba, etc)
    • Add a time-stamp to each archive's filename - Simply appends the current time to the archive's name (Dying Light.gsba becomes something along the lines of Dying Light_2021-08-16_18.26.18.gsba).
    • Create a new archive upon file change (affects performance) - GameSave Manager will attempt to compare the 'live' files with that of any existing backup. If any differences are detected, the backup will begin.
  • Organise each entry's backup archives into sub folders - Creates a subfolder named after the record being processed and stores the backup(s) there (available when 'Add a time-stamp...' or 'Consolidate archives...' option(s) used).
  • Consolidate archives when backup count reaches... - This option specifies how many backups should exist before the oldest is removed in favour of a new one.
For what you're asking, you'd want to select 'Create a separate...', 'Organise each...' and 'Consolidate archives...' options (with the latter set to 5).