GameSave Manager won't load - stuck on Subnautica

Discovered a bug? Post about it here!
ckel1984

GameSave Manager won't load - stuck on Subnautica

Post by ckel1984 »

Hello all. I just installed GSM for today to back up all of my saves so I can create a new RAID. During the initial scan performed when GSM is opened, it gets stuck on Subnautica and times out every time. I've tried running debug mode to no avail. My next step will be manually backing up Subnautica and uninstalling it, but I wanted to make you aware of the issue and see if anyone else has experienced something similar and come up with a workaround. Thanks.
ckel1984

Re: GameSave Manager won't load - stuck on Subnautica

Post by ckel1984 »

OK, figured it out. Subnautica just has absurdly large save files (2.5GB for two files). I just left GSM alone for about 15 minutes and it finally finished loading.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

You can also opt to skip scanning an entry by using the following commandline:

Code: Select all

"/ignore EntryTitle"
Simply replace EntryTitle with the title of the entry you wish to no longer scan for.
thorigor

Post by thorigor »

InsaneMatt wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 23:22 You can also opt to skip scanning an entry by using the following commandline:

"/ignore EntryTitle"
Simply replace EntryTitle with the title of the entry you wish to no longer scan for.
Hey, that seems like the solution I need for a similar issue with LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. But I have no idea where to insert this code. I'm a total noob, could anyone help me with a step-by-step?
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

thorigor wrote: 17 May 2018, 17:33 Hey, that seems like the solution I need for a similar issue with LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. But I have no idea where to insert this code. I'm a total noob, could anyone help me with a step-by-step?
There's several ways of specifying a commandline, the easiest is probably through a shortcut.
  • Right-click onto gs_mngr_3.exe and select "Copy"
  • Right-click onto your desktop and select "Paste Shortcut"
  • While holding Alt on your keyboard, double-click the shortcut that we just generated
  • Make sure the "Shortcut" tab is selected and click into the "Target" field
  • Press End on your keyboard (to get to the end of the Target input) and enter:

"/ignore EntryTitleHere"

• Click OK to save your changes, then double-click the shortcut to execute it