Encountered an improper argument.

Discovered a bug? Post about it here!
cdytoby

Encountered an improper argument.

Post by cdytoby »

Open the software, check the setting, and next step is scanning the games, and then, comes the popup with "Encountered an improper argument." text. After click the OK, the scanning process just hanged there.

My pc username, steam username, all software file path don't contain special characters.

Screenshot here.
https://imgur.com/Qq7ICK4
https://imgur.com/d3jarC7

What should I do?
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: Encountered an improper argument.

Post by InsaneMatt »

I see you're running Windows in a non-latin based language (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Arabic, etc).
What have you set non-unicode programs to run within? It's a known--and very annoying--issue with the v3.x branch when a non-latin based language is used.
cdytoby

Post by cdytoby »

Chinese. I don't want to change non-unicode language because it will break my some other programs.

Alright then, I'll wait for the fix. Thanks.
jetdone

Post by jetdone »

I also have the same problem. My Windows Setting of non-unicode is Traditional Chinsese (950), and the start to loading progress is stopped at "call of juarez gunslinger". Could the program be fixed to run on any non-unicode setting windows? (I think the problem just of file managerment handler) It is because change the non-unicode setting is affected many programs, it can't be changed for game save manager only.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

jetdone wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 10:17 I also have the same problem. My Windows Setting of non-unicode is Traditional Chinsese (950), and the start to loading progress is stopped at "call of juarez gunslinger". Could the program be fixed to run on any non-unicode setting windows? (I think the problem just of file managerment handler) It is because change the non-unicode setting is affected many programs, it can't be changed for game save manager only.
It's something I'll be addressing in the v4.x branch, due to limitations of the language / IDE that the v3.x branch was coded within.
silvver

Post by silvver »

InsaneMatt wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 12:42
jetdone wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 10:17 I also have the same problem. My Windows Setting of non-unicode is Traditional Chinsese (950), and the start to loading progress is stopped at "call of juarez gunslinger". Could the program be fixed to run on any non-unicode setting windows? (I think the problem just of file managerment handler) It is because change the non-unicode setting is affected many programs, it can't be changed for game save manager only.
It's something I'll be addressing in the v4.x branch, due to limitations of the language / IDE that the v3.x branch was coded within.
Hi,
Has the problem been resolved?
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

silvver wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 14:02 Hi,
Has the problem been resolved?
Yes and No.
The issue has been addressed in the 4x Alpha branch, however this branch is far from feature complete. Joining our Discord Server (and asking for Guinea Pig status) will provide you with the ability to test the more recent builds yourself.