GoG games not recognized.

Got a feature request, suggestion for the website or the project as whole?
We'd love to hear it.
chrisbigjk

GoG games not recognized.

Post by chrisbigjk »

Gamesave Manager does not seem to recognize games installed with GoG Galaxy. Would it be possible this will be supported in the future? I wanted to backup Fallout 1-2 and Tactics. I confirmed that those games are supported if steam is used.
Amjoco

Re: GoG games not recognized.

Post by Amjoco »

To add to this it seems the GameSave Manager doesn't look here; c:\Users\Name\AppData\LocalLow\. GoG seems to store a lot of savegames here.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

chrisbigjk wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 13:27 Gamesave Manager does not seem to recognize games installed with GoG Galaxy. Would it be possible this will be supported in the future? I wanted to backup Fallout 1-2 and Tactics. I confirmed that those games are supported if steam is used.
Some games are detected, while others are not.
There's no simple fix for this. Instead, I require people with said games to submit their save locations for me.
Amjoco wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 20:16 To add to this it seems the GameSave Manager doesn't look here; c:\Users\Name\AppData\LocalLow\. GoG seems to store a lot of savegames here.
The AppData\LocalLow directory is detected by GameSave Manager, along with AppData\Roaming, AppData\Local and ProgramData (AppData Common).
These options are listed within the 'Special Paths' listing of Custom GameSave Entries.
TheFreezingChicken

Post by TheFreezingChicken »

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I know this topic is 2 years old, but I couldn't see any updates and it didn't let me search "gog" or "gog galaxy" in the search bar, so I'm posting here to keep consistency.
I don't know if it's a new thing, but I found that now GOG games properties are saved in a static registry path

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\GOG.com\Games
An example:

Code: Select all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\GOG.com\Games\1427985242]
"installer_language"="english"
"gameName"="Titan Souls"
"gameID"="1427985242"
"productID"="1427985242"
"language"="english"
"lang_code"="en-US"
"path"="D:\\Giochi\\Managed\\GOG\\Titan Souls"
"startMenu"="Titan Souls"
"ver"="gog-1"
"uninstallCommand"="D:\\Giochi\\Managed\\GOG\\Titan Souls\\unins000.exe"
"workingDir"="D:\\Giochi\\Managed\\GOG\\Titan Souls"
"exe"="D:\\Giochi\\Managed\\GOG\\Titan Souls\\TITAN.exe"
"exeFile"="TITAN.exe"
"launchParam"=""
"launchCommand"="D:\\Giochi\\Managed\\GOG\\Titan Souls\\TITAN.exe "
"startMenuLink"="C:\\ProgramData\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Titan Souls [GOG.com]\\Titan Souls"
"dependsOn"=""
"supportLink"="http://www.gog.com/support/titan_souls"
"BUILDID"="50837521938452694"
"INSTALLDATE"="2020-11-28 16:54:22"
"DLC"=""
So now thanks to the "path" key, the installation path could be easily obtained programmatically. I also pasted Titan Souls specifically because it's a game that saves the data in the game folder itself under "./data/SAVE/" instead of a separate folder. In your database the Steam version of the same game is the only one currently stored and detected (which does the same thing of saving files in the game directory, I hate game developers that do that btw XD).

Technically this implementation is only needed for games that save data in the game directory, as in most cases a GOG game will save the gamefiles in the same position as other marketplaces versions.
TizerisT

Post by TizerisT »

^ ^ This is the exact problem I have. A GOG game (Re-Volt) saves to the following registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acclaim\Re-Volt\1.0
and I'm unsure what to do at this point. Is there a way to back this up?
Thanks in advance
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

TizerisT wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 11:42 ^ ^ This is the exact problem I have. A GOG game (Re-Volt) saves to the following registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acclaim\Re-Volt\1.0
and I'm unsure what to do at this point. Is there a way to back this up?
Thanks in advance
GameSave Manager can detect paths via registry values, and even backup registry data itself.
If you're trying to use a path specified within a registry value, use the 'Registry' SpecialPath during your Custom GameSave Entry's creation. You'll be asked for the hive (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER), the key (typically something like SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\DeveloperName\GameName) and the value (often something like InstallLocation or LaunchDir).
However if you're trying to backup registry data itself, simply use the 'Registry Backup' functionality instead of 'File / Directory'.