Metro Exodus

Place to manually submit your Custom Gamesave Entries for Official Entry status.
Alternatively, submit them within GameSave Manager directly (just tick the "Yes, I'd like to share this entry" option at the end of the wizard).
Daytrader

Metro Exodus

Post by Daytrader »

This game has been supported for a long time now, but for some reason after todays recent update, it has deleted this game from my game save manager list, bug or is it my end, i also rescanned a few times and still did not find it.
Daytrader

Re: Metro Exodus

Post by Daytrader »

Update, i just tried added it from the custom gamesave entries section, it lists it there when i add it, but it still dont show up when i scan for new saves ? strange, must be a bug somewhere i think ?
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

The record has been configured to look in Saved Games -> Metro Exodus -> Random Folder (profile hash?). Is this not the correct directory path?
Daytrader

Post by Daytrader »

Thx for reply, this is the path, it worked ok before this last update, could be my end, but have tried every thing.

C:\Users\Chris\Saved Games\metro exodus

i did check it myself even by making a custom entry, but that did not work, so i cant even add manually.
Daytrader

Post by Daytrader »

Update: I just deleted the save folder, then scanned for saves, known that would not work, but then i put save folder back in the directory, and scanned again(it should find it) but still did not find the save.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

Daytrader wrote: 21 May 2021, 14:03 Thx for reply, this is the path, it worked ok before this last update, could be my end, but have tried every thing.

C:\Users\Chris\Saved Games\metro exodus

i did check it myself even by making a custom entry, but that did not work, so i cant even add manually.
So you're saying they're not in a subfolder within that directory? This is what GameSave Manager is looking for, not the 'Metro Exodus' folder itself.
Daytrader

Post by Daytrader »

Sorry, yes they are in the subfolder, mine below with a few changes to the hash number, any other ideals for me to try, strange that it worked fine before the update.

C:\Users\Chris\Saved Games\metro exodus\ad044fgfdhfghgfhdhfhdh4153cesdaf94cf

added: Its nothing to do with the recent metro exodus enhanced edition being released is it, as that uses same save location ?
Daytrader

Post by Daytrader »

What is the * is that correct.

Daytrader

Post by Daytrader »

So is there a problem with this game being recognised, or is it my end, i have tried everything, is the entry's correct in the above post ? cheers
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

What version of GameSave Manager are you running? A somewhat recent 'client' (program) update implemented 'wildcard' support for directory paths, which this ruleset is using.
At the time of posting this message, v3.1.494.0 is the latest version. Using this version, GameSave Manager detects my dummy files.