Lots of stuff

Place to manually submit your Custom Gamesave Entries for Official Entry status.
Alternatively, submit them within GameSave Manager directly (just tick the "Yes, I'd like to share this entry" option at the end of the wizard).
Le Vengeur Slipp

Lots of stuff

Post by Le Vengeur Slipp »

Hi! Here's a bunch of stuff that I think I sent through the app that didn't end up in the database for whatever reason. With a couple questions regarding the policy on mods and old save data.

NEW SAVES

Agent A: A puzzle in disguise https://store.steampowered.com/app/8014 ... _disguise/
add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Yak & Co\Agent A

Free to Play (yes it's a movie but it has a handful of achievement and progress) https://store.steampowered.com/app/245550/Free_to_Play/
add %APPDATA%\com.valve.FTP

PAYDAY 2 (this one is for mods, I remembered submitting it in a separate "mods" entry like for L4D2, UT, Quake or Minecraft cause stuff can be bloated. What's the policy on this: separate entries or bundle everything together?)
in %STEAM%\SteamApps\common\PAYDAY 2
include WSOCK32.dll|IPHLPAPI.dll

Team Fortress 2 (mods too! same thing: should it be bundled or separate?)
add %STEAM%\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\cfg\user
in %STEAM%\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom
exclude readme.txt|*.cache

Half-Life (It's got cloud saves now! should we keep the old steam_cache and languages legacy save files? these do not exist anymore since steam does not allow to install previous versions)
add %STEAM_CLOUD%\70
+ merge Half-Life (Spanish)

Half-Life: Blue Shift (same as HL, cloud + legacy)
add %STEAM_CLOUD%\130

Half-Life: Opposing Forces (same again, cloud + legacy)
add %STEAM_CLOUD%\50

REMOVE BLOAT

Hexcells Infinite (saves full game data folder)
remove steamapps\common\Hexcells Infinite\Hexcells Infinite_Data

Minion Masters (some unity cache files)
remove %APPDATA_LOCALLOW\%BetaDwarf ApS\Minion Masters

REMOVE OLD SAVE DATA DETECTION (what's the policy on that? should legacy saved be kept? what about compatibility)

Rusty Lake Paradise (was updated recently, other games in the series also lack this entry in the database so it might have been removed too)
remove %APPDATA%\com.RustyLake.RustyLakeParadise\Local Store

UPDATE (remove+add, dunno about the answer of previous category so I'm making one on its own)

TrackMania Nations Forever (this one is super weird because it seems it overlaps with TrackMania Forever (not Nation) and TMF is the one actually getting detected and saved)
remove %DOCUMENTS%\TmForever
add %DOCUMENTS%\TrackMania

WEIRD FLASH STUFF (the * wildcard actually solves backing up! not sure about transferring to another computer though)

The Binding of Isaac
add %APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\*\localhost

Trauma https://store.steampowered.com/app/98100/Trauma/
add %APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\*\localhost
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: Lots of stuff

Post by InsaneMatt »

Thanks,
Database Update released.

Some notes with regards to your submissions:
  • A little confused about "Free to Play". If it's a movie, how is there 'progress'?
  • I'm hessitant to include the files specified for "PayDay 2" due to it being the 'root directory' of the game; if someone used Sync & Link on this, it would move the entire game.
  • What am I excluding exactly for "Minion Masters"? A "Unity" sub-folder and contents?
  • Flash games are not supported "officially" due to the Flash Id changing system to system.
Le Vengeur Slipp

Post by Le Vengeur Slipp »

- Free to Play has Steam achievement tracking if you've watched some segments like "all deleted scenes". I know, it's silly. BTW Indie Game: The Movie is also supported and uses the same kind of player with achievement tracking.
- PD2: I don't use/know that feature so yeah, I had no idea that lil' software of yours could cause such chaos :D
- Minion Masters: the "%APPDATA_LOCALLOW\%BetaDwarf ApS\Minion Masters" folder is saved but should be removed. It's full of cache, logs and telemetry stuff. The whole folder seems to be created by unity's default config and should be removed, the actual game save files are elsewhere.
- Yeah, Flash is a weird one. Welp, still using it in my custom entries. :P
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

Thanks for the clarification.
Database Update released.