Scanning for new games takes long time

General chit chat regarding the GameSave Manager project, announcements and general feedback.
lovs2build

Scanning for new games takes long time

Post by lovs2build »

I play World of Warcraft and game save manager takes long time scanning every file in the WOW folder. Any way to block scanning this folder or reducing what it scans?

I try to abort the scan but game save manager hangs and have to use task manager to exit.

One more thing, it seems Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition ? Update 54545 is not working with my old game save. I installed Ages of Empires and then ran game save manager to restore my profile, after launching the game it is not showing my profile name or my Level.
Thanks!
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: Scanning for new games takes long time

Post by InsaneMatt »

You can opt to 'skip' a troublesome record from being searched (scanned) for via the "/ignore" commandline.
Example:

Code: Select all

gs_mngr_3.exe "/ignore World of Warcraft"
With regards to Age of Empires; if the game itself has been updated in such a way it no longer correctly reads from older version's saves, I'm afraid there is nothing we can do on our end to combat it. Try contacting the developers, or perhaps a dedicated community hub for help in this regard.
lovs2build

Post by lovs2build »

Thanks for your reply. I do cancel as when it scans the World of Warcraft folder it seems that is what is making it hang. Thanks again for your help and an awesome program!
TimmyGR

Post by TimmyGR »

I'm not too familiar with that program, but have you tried checking the settings to see if there's an option to exclude certain folders from scanning?