Latest version doesn't extract

Discovered a bug? Post about it here!
Muktasid

Latest version doesn't extract

Post by Muktasid »

After I downloaded the latest version and tried to extract using winrar, I got an error message saying cannot extract because the file is corrupt. Does anyone else have this problem?
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: Latest version doesn't extract

Post by InsaneMatt »

What file is the issue? gs_mngr_v3.1.455.0.zip?
Mermaid

Post by Mermaid »

I, too have the same issue, when you try to extract it, it says that you need to move files into the zip to extract. And yes, that file you mentioned is the one I believe they are talking about, seeing as it is my problem zip as well.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

If I'm understanding correctly, you're double-clicking onto the executable directly from your archiving tool. Correct?
Extract all the files to a folder on your desktop, then launch from there.
Mermaid

Post by Mermaid »

I go to my desktop folder seeing as that's where I put it, I only click on the file once and then at the top to use the windows extract all button that's there, every other zip works, just not gs_mngr_v3.1.455.0.zip. It just says "Cannot Complete the Compressed (zipped) Folders Extraction Wizard The compressed zip folder is empty. Before you can extract files, you must files to this compressed (zipped) folder." Even if you try to extract it to different folders or anything, it just pops up the wizard that says nothing is in it again.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

What archiving tool are you using?
The fact you're mentioning an 'Extraction Wizard' makes me think you're using Windows own built-in (and limited) ZIP support. If that is the case, I'd recommend using 7-Zip.
anuar

Post by anuar »

download the program three times, and try to extract it with WinRar later with 7-Zip, .. in no way is it possible to decompress this version :(
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

What is the file's md5 checksum value?
It should match D2924F43EF431743630AD8FFD4C67D92. A tool such as WinMD5Free can calculate it for you.

Something is obviously modifying your download in some way. Whether that's the server or something on your end remains to be seen.
What web browser are you running?
anuar

Post by anuar »

you're right, the download is being cut before finishing ... I did not find how to download it .. I tried it with IDM, Chrome and Mozilla .. it seems a server problem
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

Would you be willing to upload the file (as you got it) somewhere so I can check it for some basic debugging?