Rescan everytime?

General chit chat regarding the GameSave Manager project, announcements and general feedback.
rugbyrat

Rescan everytime?

Post by rugbyrat »

Do you seriously have to rescan every game that has ever been made every time you want to do something?
i launch the program it scanned for games (under gameplay backup) i select 1 game that's it 1 game.
i died and hit restore game - all is good. then when i go back to gameplay backup it rescans everyhting again?

Can't i just pick a game from the list instead of it looking for every game ever made? it takes minutes for this to scan

Am i just missing something that should be blindly clear ?

and also i have to pick my save location every single time also? is there no save feature for this stuff?
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: Rescan everytime?

Post by InsaneMatt »

There's an option within Program Settings to 'remember' the last successful scan, which will improve your scan times. A scan will still be performed, but will be targeted at the records that were last discovered.

You should still perform a 'full scan' whenever you start playing a new game or when a Database Update is applied, the latter automatically triggers such a scan.
rugbyrat

Re: Rescan everytime?

Post by rugbyrat »

Thanks i will try that

Well tried that and even under settings (ignored entries) Checked every game except the one i am saving, so that it would not scan all of them again and it still scans.
Closed program down retried and same thing..