Editing scheduled task?

General chit chat regarding the GameSave Manager project, announcements and general feedback.
Ceiyne

Editing scheduled task?

Post by Ceiyne »

I have a scheduled task I set up via GSM . After I created it, I manually changed a few properties of this task through the Windows Task Scheduler (e.g., checked off "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed") and it's all been working great. I made this change through Task Scheduler because I didn't see a way to do it in GSM, so please let me know if I just missed it.

Later, I wanted to add a new game to be backed up through the same task, so I edited it via GSM. When I did this, the properties I had changed directly in Task Scheduler were reset to their default values, so I had to manually change them again.

After that I found the GSM file with my task's configuration under GSM folder\settings\SchTasks, and noticed that it's an XML file. I was wondering if it is safe for me to add or delete <Entry> nodes within the <GameList> directly within that file, so I can avoid having to edit the task via GSM (which would then require me to manually re-apply my changes to the task in Windows Task Scheduler).
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Re: Editing scheduled task?

Post by InsaneMatt »

You certainly can, assuming you know what you're doing.