GFWL backup how

Place to manually submit your Custom Gamesave Entries for Official Entry status.
Alternatively, submit them within GameSave Manager directly (just tick the "Yes, I'd like to share this entry" option at the end of the wizard).
samsaral

GFWL backup how

Post by samsaral »

Hi, the only reason why I start using this program (thx devs) is bcs of GFWL. I lost my progress in old Test Drive Ferrari. So I learned the hardway that GFWL are bounded to registry key.

So this is basicly the games I need to backup with registry:
1) 007: Quantum of Solace (DVD)
2) X-Men Origins: Wolverine (DVD)
3) Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends (Steam)
4) FlatOut 2 (or 1 not sure) (Steam)
Last edited by samsaral on 19 Jul 2022, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
samsaral

Re: GFWL backup how

Post by samsaral »

so..
1) Uninstall Daemon tools
2) Uninstall GFWL
3) Restart
4) Install GFWL
5) Sign Out, Sign in
6) Same result (second)

7) maybe its ok, I dont know, never use to backup GFWL and on the net I can not find any mention of it

FIRST TEST on Ferrari:

1) Delete my GFWL profile
2) Again sing in
3) Restore from first file (GFWL + Ferrari)
4) Everything is fine (but its still the same system)

SECOND TEST on Ferrari:

1) Interesting - after previous "sync" there are two profiles now
2) Delete them both
3) Dong sign in
4) Restore new from new file (GFWL + Ferrari)
5) Everythings works fine (same system)

So am I solving smthg that is OK? Did I messed up the profiles now bcs there are two? There must be some info about this, done for now
samsaral

Post by samsaral »

I am sorry, I was waiting and in the mean time I see a lot of answered question, so is my Q so complicated? How to back up GFWL should be problem for more people, or point me to some help site please, as you can see I put a lot of effort to provide as much information I can.
InsaneMatt
Site Admin

Post by InsaneMatt »

I don't often check these forums nowadays, though can usually be found--along with several other active community members--on the project's Discord server.

Regardless; it's been a very long time since I've had to "worry" about GFW-L (thankfully) but from what I recall, GameSave Manager does indeed backup "offline" profiles to a point that encrypted save data can be accessed once it's restored.
Unfortunately, your only way of testing this is to... Well, test it.
samsaral

Post by samsaral »

Hi thx for answer, anyway, my problem is not with offline profiles, all of them are online, the reason why I start diggin into backup saves (so far bck up all User Files or Steam Cloud did the job well) is that I lost my progress in game TD Ferarri and I am achievement hunter, so I wasnt lucky to find out my save doesnt work, when I reinstall system.
samsaral

Post by samsaral »

well, I see I read fast, so maybe to put it on offline state will help. GSM backup offline saves (for GFWL), ok