You must follow these rules at ALL times, failure to do so will result in posts/threads being deleted. Constant rule breaking will get you BANNED.
- Post in the appropriate forum section for the topic being presented.
- Posting technical questions in the general discussion areas "just because it will get answered faster" is not acceptable.
- If a person repeatedly creates new threads that are obviously in the wrong place, the staff have the right to delete a post/thread without notice.
- Moving threads is a courtesy to help keep things categorized properly, however, we realize that sometimes a question can cross multiple topics and it isn't exactly clear where it would be best to post if this is the case, PM a moderator and let him or her know about the thread and that you need some assistance.
Do not start new threads if you are doing it for one of the following reasons:
- You are simply responding or talking about another thread that has been locked/deleted by a moderator.
- You are asking why a previous thread was locked/deleted by a moderator.
- You are asking why another member had their account suspended.
- You want to inform the world of matters that are completely pointless. (E.g. "I am so drunk. Look at me type while I am drunk.")
- You have already posted the same question/comment in another section. Do not double post!
3. Post Content
- Do not curse in the subject line. No excessive foul language, there are basic filters for some foul language, but you are also expected to use good judgment and common sense when posting.
- Members here are of all ages and the content in a post should be suitable for all ages and all locations including the workplace and school environment. This includes content contained with forum signatures and avatars.
- This is primarily an English speaking forum and posts are recommended to be in English; however we realize that members of this network originate from all corners of the globe and we welcome participants from other nations but please present your posts in a way the community can understand them.
- Spelling Police WILL NOT be tolerated, period! If you have nothing to add to a topic except to point out the spelling deficiencies of other members then do not post, grammar police are not welcome here. However this does not mean you have the given right to post lazily and make it unnecessarily difficult for others to understand your posted messages.
- Absolutely no racist or offensive posts, this includes statements promoting racist beliefs, media/propaganda and general racist remarks against a person or group of persons. This applies to all forum sections. Forum admins reserve the right to remove threads/posts that contain unwelcome comments and the people that post them at anytime and without notice.
- While we want everyone to express themselves as freely as possible, it is NOT acceptable to constantly complain, threaten, rant, flame, or behave like a forum troll. If you have nothing constructive to add or bring to the community then you should strongly consider taking some time and formulating a way to express yourself that falls within the acceptable guidelines.
Put simply, this isn't a political forum. If you are in need of a good argument with someone then there are plenty of other forums specializing in this elsewhere.
You are free to post news about current events all you like but the first person to turn it into a political rant will have their account status reviewed.
This also applies to signatures, avatars and usernames or for people constantly dragging up the anti-politics rule.
5. No Spamming
Any such messages will be removed at the sole discretion of the board staff.
Spamming is defined as excessive posts that offer no significant value to the topic. Most of these kinds of posts are just single-word posts that have no meaning or value whatsoever, or just a post that could be of normal length but take the thread completely off topic.
6. No Flaming
- Members are expected to conduct themselves as civilized individuals here with some level of maturity and decorum. That means showing courtesy to staff, other members and guests. Avoid excessive cursing and absolutely no personal attacks, bashes or bigotry.
- Racism will absolutely NOT be tolerated under any circumstances. These posts will be deleted as soon as possible and the offending members will be banned.
"READING A POST ENTIRELY WRITTEN LIKE THIS IS ANNOYING!!!" Please don't do it.
No 'staff member' (administrators, global moderators, etc) is above approach. We're here to help you.
While jokes and comments can be made / said in jest, we recognise that lines can be accidentally crossed on occasion.
If you notice a 'staff member' abusing their power, or getting a little too personal with jokes, report it to another staff member.
9. Appropriate Imagery and/or Off-Site Links
- No linking or posting of any material that is pornographic/sexually-orientated, racist (Nazi swastika), hateful or threatening, "R" rated, excessively violent, or otherwise inappropriate for the forum environment. This includes content used in Signature Pics and Avatars.
- Members of this forum are of all ages, please use good judgment when linking to content not associated with this forum.
- New members or “Newbies” are highly encouraged to use the SEARCH function to first look for relevant threads related to their topics of interest before going on a posting spree. For a successful search, it is recommended that you read the boxes and fill in the appropriate information in order to obtain the best results. Yes, search does work when used properly.
- Treat new members with respect even if they ask a question that has been answered a dozen times before, simply refer them to the proper thread that answers their question and encourage the use of the forums search feature. Remember that there is no such thing as a stupid question.
- Do not abuse the fact that staff members can and will move posts for you.
- Do not post personal information (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, IP’s, passwords, PIN's, credit card information or any other information considered private) without the express permission of the individual.
- Users can setup their forum accounts so that e-mail addresses are not visible to others, except board administrators.We do not share, sell, or distribute any personal information with third parties. We value and respect your privacy.
- Observe all copyright laws both local and International when posting. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author/creator. Do not post material where you do not have permission to distribute it electronically or otherwise.
- GameSave Manager will not be held liable for the result of the usage of any information provided in the forums, and disclaim all liability resulting in the use of the posted information.
- We take no responsibility for the content of any of the messages posted in the forums, and do not guarantee of the authenticity of its authors. All opinions and views expressed in the forums are the sole property of their respective authors unless otherwise noted, and do not necessarily reflect those of the staff or its representatives.
- You will not discuss, suggest, advocate, engage, or encourage any illegal activity. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are expressly forbidden. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws or anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or anything bound by an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
- There will be absolutely no links, requests, suggestions, or any discussion about warez.
- There will be NO discussion on how to obtain CD keys, cracks, serial numbers, no-CD patches or key generators for any form of software, game or application on any part of this website or forum, whether you own it legitimately or not. Any members that engage in these discussions, or are known to possess software that they do not legitimately own will be removed.
- There will be no discussion on how to use cheats in Multiplayer parts of any game. Do not link to sites that supply this information.
- Cheats can be carefully discussed to teach the general gaming population on what to look out for if someone is suspected of cheating. Cheats in single player mode can be freely discussed, but any discussion of how to use cheats in multiplayer mode will result in a permanent vacation from the forum. This does not give members the right to circumvent the rules laid out above; please tread lightly when discussing this topic to avoid a ban.